Update from the Principal.
This week we have enjoyed World Environment Day, Odd Shoes Day and our Nadeen School Talent Show. A range of projects that bring awareness to the world in which we live, a student-initiative day and finally a whole school event for our students to share their passions, skills, and talents!
All contributions and participation in these events are incredibly valued as we want to continue to boost opportunities for all students at school. These awareness days, student-led projects and whole school events give all students a platform to get involved. The Talent Show showcased a remarkable range of what our staff and students can do. I have a huge amount of respect and appreciation for anyone that has the courage to stand up and perform in front of people. It is very impressive, and a lot of credit needs to go to our families, staff and students who support this and also the audience in the hall that help to create an inviting, warm and supportive environment which helps to bring the best out of everyone involved. Seeing our students happy and enjoying these events is fantastic.
During this term we have seen a growing interest in the school as the final touches are being put into place for our new building. The furniture is being placed in rooms, assembled and areas will be completed soon. The updates on social media show the very high standard of materials used, excellent resources that have arrived and premium technology installed around the building. It will be undoubtedly worth the wait and please keep following our social media for more updates. Following on from Speech Day, Assemblies and the Talent Show, I’m personally very excited to see our students use the new stage and technology in the Performance Theatre.
Thank you to all parents for recommending our school, this positive word of mouth about what the staff, parents and students achieved this year really has made a difference. At the start of the year, we mentioned it would be a transitional year, a year to be patient, positive and flexible. It gives me great joy to see the same parents every day, with the same smile on your faces and the same support for us in what we are trying to achieve. Thank you.
During a very busy few weeks, please look out for other projects and events that are going on such as the Yearbook, BSPCA fundraising, Environment Show, Early Years Open Morning (Monday 12th June) and Transition Mornings coming up!
I am very proud of the progress by our team this year as we enter the final month of the year. Nadeen School is now at a stage this summer as we head to August with the highest ever number of:
- Students, Teachers, and Parents
- Subjects offered
- Specialist teachers
- Year groups available
- International/BSME and Sports Fixtures
- Specialist rooms available and much more!
As mentioned in the previous Update from the Principal, we are now looking for volunteers to join our Nadeen Community Association as we move to Dilmunia and our new school. If you are interested in applying, please register your interest here.
The list above gives our students many new opportunities ahead.
As a reminder, this was shared out last week, we have confirmed the first events for the upcoming school year as included below:
Thursday 24 August 2023 (Orientation Day + Family social event)
Sunday 27 August 2023 (First Day of School for all students Term 1)
Monday 28 August 2023 (Presentation – Meet the teacher)
Tuesday 29 August 2023 (Presentation – ECA’s/Sport at Nadeen/International Trips)
Wednesday 30 August 2023 (Presentation – Inclusion Department)
Please save the dates above as these are days when we welcome the community back into the school for the new Academic Year.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Dr Paul Walton
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Uniform Shop – now available at https://besportbh.com/nadeen-school/
- Calendars – now available at https://www.nadeenschool.com/our-calendar/
- Morning Drop off – The gates open each morning at 7.35am, if parents would like to drop students off earlier in school, please email Miss Karen about the breakfast club from 7.00am.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Early Years Open Mornings
12 June 2023: 8:15 to 9:15.
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please keep your child at home if he/she is ill, has flu or cold symptoms
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
31st May – Update from the Principal (Speech Day)
25 May – Update from the Principal (Open Day)
18 May – Update from the Principal (High Performance Learning Conference)
11 May – Update from the Principal (Staff Appreciation Day)
4 May – Update from the Principal (COBIS Eco Film Award)
27th April – Update from the Principal (Planet Protectors)
20th April – Update from the Principal (Earth Day)
13th April – Update from the Principal (English Roundup)
30th March – Update from the Principal (Ramadan)
23rd March – Update from the Principal (Science Fair)
16th March – Update from the Principal (Welcome back Ecoventure)
9th March – Update from the Principal (Ecoventure)
2nd March – Update from the Principal (Literacy Activities)
23rd February – Update from the Principal (International Week)
9th February – Update from the Principal (Turkey & Syria support)
2nd February – Update from the Principal (Building Visit)
26th January – Update from the Principal (PSL Athletics Meet)
19th January – Update from the Principal (Parent Appreciation Day)
12th January – Update from the Principal (Happy Birthday Nadeen School!)
14th December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing!)
8th December – Update from the Principal (Last week of Term!)
1st December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing)
24th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Fixtures)
17th November – Update from the Principal (Remembrance Day)
10th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Events)
3rd November – Update from the Principal (Mount Everest)
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.