Update from the Principal.
A fantastic week of activities to finish a fun-packed half term!
Over the weekend, we attended the Breast Cancer Awareness walk in Dilmunia. It was great to support such an important cause and to get involved in our new community in Dilmunia. For the full article please see below:
Dilmunia – Breast Cancer Awareness Walk
This week, we started off with World Food Day (Recognised by the UN) on Monday raising awareness for food waste, as well as ensuring provision of food for all. This year, the tagline was ‘Leave no one Behind’. The students enjoyed a range of activities, including discussion on what makes a balanced meal, a presentation of food groups, a food diary, poster for awareness.
As we return after the half term we have two events to look forward to. The first is on Sunday 30th October, ‘Think Pink’, this is a continuation of our awareness drive from Breast Cancer this month following the Breast Cancer Awareness walk in Dilmunia. Everyone can choose to wear an item of pink to help support this cause and raise awareness. Then, Monday 31st October, ‘Halloween!’ (Feel free to wear Halloween costumes as mentioned by your teachers! We look forward to the annual Halloween parade).
Also, we’ve enjoyed a wonderful assembly about Maths led by our Year 5 students and Miss Bonnie. She shared a range of updates, projects and competitions that have been ongoing throughout the half term. This has been a very successful and enjoyable time to get involved in and excited about Maths. After half term, we will move to a ‘PE’ block and we look forward to another seven weeks of sport, being active and learning about leading a healthy lifestyle.
We’ve also had the pumpkin sale (Thank you to the PTA), new resources for Lego club (An amazing Extra-Curricular Activity organised by Miss Servani!), new drive by pick up system (Thank you to Miss Kate and Mr Bradley), Art Exhibition (Thank you to Mr Gerry and Miss Hannah) and we get ready today to celebrate a huge event… Student Appreciation Day!
Finally, if you have a moment, please click on the links below as we celebrate our wonderful first edition from our Newspaper club! – I’ve included a picture of our wonderful team in the featured image below. Well done to all students involved and thank you to Miss Stephanie who leads our Newspaper Club Extra-Curricular Activity. We look forward receiving an edition every half term, please note that we have also have produced limited printed copies available at the security office in the display shelf for students and families to take home and a copy shared in the first noticeboard.
The Newspaper Club Article
Link to the Nadeen News First Edition!
We also now have 7 Teacher Feature Articles on our Website. The articles are an informal insight into the thoughts, experiences and background of our teachers. They all answer the same 4 questions:
- Briefly describe your journey as a teacher.
- Why did you decide to specilaise in your chosen area?
- What makes Nadeen such a unique place to work?
- How would you describe a typical day at Nadeen?
Click on the links below to read about our staff so far who have been a part of our ‘Teacher Feature’ series:
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at 8.00am – 9.00am, Thursday 3rd November.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email email@example.com
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Communication – the next Coffee morning is on Thursday 3rd November from 8.00am to 9.00am. An opportunity to hear updates, plans moving forward and to meet other parents.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- New School Model – now in Dilmunia Mall
- New School Visit – parents can visit the building anytime and we are organising a visit on 5th November and will send out more information.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Festive Fair – Planning is under way for our annual Festive Fair!
- Drive By Pick up has now started! – other year groups will be added. Please email Miss Kate to register your interest and find out more.
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
EARLY YEARS OPEN MORNING: Monday 21st November
Our other general Open Days are below:
OPEN DAY 2: Sunday 29th January 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Happy Diwali to those observing, happy holidays and have an amazing weekend!
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
Nadeen School – All Events for 2022_23 for a printable PDF click here
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
UPDATE – In light of the entry of the influenza season early this year, whose symptoms are similar to those of the Corona virus, The following must be recalled to contribute to the fluidity of education in schools and to preserve the health of students and the academic and administrative staff:
1- Remind parents of the need to keep the student at home if he has symptoms .
2- Follow the necessary precautionary and preventive measures to prevent its transmission among students. These are displayed around school.
3- Reminding parents and all teaching and administrative staff in schools of the availability of seasonal influenza vaccines for this season in all health centers.
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.