Update from the Principal.
An excellent week with a lot completed and to celebrate!
We started the week with three tours for our teachers to enjoy the new building and they are going to share images with you from the visit in their weekly email. The size and design of the building is very spacious and accommodating for all students to give them a bright and open area to enjoy! The picture above is one taken in the new Sports Hall, it is huge! around 900m2.
We had a successful visit from the Ministry on Monday, Open Day this week and also awareness days for Backwards day, Speech Day and Bahrain Sports Day. Thank you to all parents for your support with these days and events, it is very much apprcated and valued.
Also, a quick note to promote a series of events are happening all around Bahrain for the Spring of Culture. There are some fantastic family-friendly events and we always encourage our families to attend.
Today, we had Coffee with the Principal and I have included all of the bullet points below for your information:
- Bahrain Sports Day – lots of activities going on!
- New building – Phase 9 of 11 completed (As shared out in August), teachers have now visited the school, inside their classrooms and seen the facilities. The next phase is to organise groups for parents and students to visit and then finally the phase for students to visit/preparation of classrooms before the move to the building for lessons. Staff to share out all photos today in the weekly email. Excellent feedback from staff and a keen interest in taking our calm, friendly and positive approach in everything we do to the building. We need to preserve and boost this as we move and grow. Also, electricity turned on today!
- New Building – 16th February for the hand over for the keys, 2 weeks for the snagging list and awaiting for the deliveries to arrive. Still on course for Spring 2023 in the new building and April 2023 term in the new site.
- School Fees 2022/23 – Decision in the next 1 – 3 weeks, awaiting approval from the ministry and everyone will receive this together.
- Head of Arabic – Congratulations to our first head of Arabic Ms Kawther.
- Full time languages teacher – Congratulations to Ms Fabiola, our first French teacher, moved from part time to full time, we will now look to further improve languages.
- EY Open Day – Monday 20th February 2023, everyone is welcome to come along. The OPEN DAY on Sunday 29th January was a huge success, lots of interest in the school and families visiting.
- Ministry visit – The meetings covered further in-depth Attendance/absence, Gifted and Talented, School Development Plan, Student support/social work, Counselor (Job offered), H+S, School Values and other admin meetings.
- Calendar 2023/24 – shared out to all parents and included on the website, along with the A4 Portrait calendar as requested during the last coffee morning.
- School Fees – the school fee structure will remain the same and fees will be announced in due course, included in the previous Update From the Principal.
- Cambridge Inspection visit – Nadeen is now an approved centre, full article to be sent out to all parents. Approved framed letter (Displayed to parents). This will help with the resources we use, courses we offer and staff training.
- Google Calendar – Shared out to all parents.
- Arabic – Conversation group created and ideas shared to increase the awareness and use of Arabic Languages for our students and our community from students to teachers and parents. You will see more of this over the coming weeks through our updates and social media. Thank you to all parents and staff involved.
- Ecoventure – please contact Mr Kyle firstname.lastname@example.org our trip leader directly via email.
- Year 9 for August 2023 – 15 students interested in joining, once fees are out, Mr Paul will organise an information session and offer parents to chance to enroll directly in Year 9 (End of February 2023).
- PTA – Please join our PTA if you are interested in working closer with the school, supporting our families and events. A great team!
- Praise Points and House Points – Information will be sent out by Miss Kate about the launch of the Praise Points and how they differ from House Points. This is also included in the update today and weekly emails home.
- Events – Thank you to everyone for attending the Nadeen Cycling event and the Nadeen School Beach clean up!
- International Week – Sunday 19th February – Opening Ceremony!
- Site visits for parents – TBC
- Site visits for students to set up classes with teachers – TBC
- Onsite events – Full event list here.
- PTA – volunteers (After Upcoming events slide)
Have a great weekend!
Our next set of teacher features will start next month to introduce you to different departments and groups of staff in Nadeen School.
Some great new articles for you to enjoy during the last week:
We have now moved to the next phase of the plan I shared in August 2022, all teachers were invited to visit on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Phase 10 and 11 (Out of 11) are for Parents to visit and then students to visit to decorate classrooms).
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at Thursday 2nd March 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email email@example.com
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Uniform Shop – now available at https://besportbh.com/nadeen-school/
- Calendars – now available at https://www.nadeenschool.com/our-calendar/
- Morning Drop off – The gates open each morning at 7.35am, if parents would like to drop students off earlier in school, please email Miss Karen about the breakfast club from 7.00am.
- Communication – the next Coffee morning is on Thursday 2nd February 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.. An opportunity to hear updates, plans moving forward and to meet other parents.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
Early Years Open Mornings
EY OPEN MORNING: Monday 20th February 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
Click here to see Nadeen School PDF and Google calendars for 2022/23 and 2023/24
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please keep your child at home if he/she is ill, has flu or cold symptoms
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
26th January – Update from the Principal (PSL Athletics Meet)
19th January – Update from the Principal (Parent Appreciation Day)
12th January – Update from the Principal (Happy Birthday Nadeen School!)
14th December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing!)
8th December – Update from the Principal (Last week of Term!)
1st December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing)
24th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Fixtures)
17th November – Update from the Principal (Remembrance Day)
10th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Events)
3rd November – Update from the Principal (Mount Everest)
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.