Update from the Principal.
This week we have had a whole host of literacy activities running as it is our English theme block across the school. From stories, celebrating our passions for literacy and a wonderful assembly to further enjoy this, it has been excellent. Thank you to all staff across the school for a tremendous effort and for encouraging our students to become excited through the many aspects of literacy. We have had World Book Day, Compliment Day and Dr Seuss Day plus many more activities.
The English book fair was excellent, thank you to everyone for supporting this!
This week I am at the BSME conference in Abu Dhabi and have attended many workshops to bring back ideas and will also bring back resources, information and plans on the following:
- BSME Sports and competitions (Registration for Academic Year 2023/24 Term 1 opens in our next term, term 3).
- Swimming Programme, courses and training opportunities.
- Languages resources and provision for Key Stage 3, IGCSE and A Level.
- International Trips.
- Resources for Teachers throughout the school.
- High Performance Learning (HPL) teaching information.
- Teacher Training courses.
- Wellbeing and Welfare training.
- safeguarding resources.
- Inclusion and Learning Support materials.
The annual conference has been very helpful and a great way in which to peak to a range of companies in one venue, attend workshops and gather information that can be immediately useful in a positive way for our school.
- 8.00am + 3.15pm Wednesday 8th March – Use of Chromebooks at Nadeen School (Current site)
- 11.00am Saturday 11th March – Nadeen School Information event (Dilmunia Mall)
- 3.15pm Monday 13th March – Early Years at Nadeen School (Current site)
- 3.15pm Tuesday 14th March – Secondary School, Year 9, IGCSE and A Level Presentations (Current site)
- 3.15pm Wednesday 15th March – Primary School and Pastoral Support (Current SIte)
- 3.15pm Tuesday 21st March – Early Years into Year 1 in Primary (Current site)
- 3.15pm Sunday 26th March – Special Education Needs and Inclusion at Nadeen School (Current site)
- 3.15pm Monday 27th March – Year 7 into Year 8 in Secondary (Current site)
- 3.15pm Tuesday 28th March – Year 6 into Year 7 in Secondary (Current site)
All FAQs from the Parent Presentation on 22.02.2023 are included in the last Update from the Principal here.
We very much look forward to guiding the first group of parents around the site this week and can’t until many more people have seen inside the new building which is full of opportunities for our students.
On final note, good luck and have an amazing time to all staff and students off on Ecoventure next week! – we look forward to seeing what you get involved in, challenging yourself and having a great time!
Have a wonderful weekend
The Science of Learning – Enhancing Long-Term Memory
Teaching Phonics at Home – EYFS to Upper Primary
Phonics in Early Years
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at Thursday 13th April 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Uniform Shop – now available at https://besportbh.com/nadeen-school/
- Calendars – now available at https://www.nadeenschool.com/our-calendar/
- Morning Drop off – The gates open each morning at 7.35am, if parents would like to drop students off earlier in school, please email Miss Karen about the breakfast club from 7.00am.
- Communication – the next Coffee morning is on Thursday 13th April 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.. An opportunity to hear updates, plans moving forward and to meet other parents.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
Early Years Open Mornings
EY OPEN MORNING: Monday 20th February 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
Nadeen School – All Events for 2022_23 for a printable PDF click here
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
Click here to see Nadeen School PDF and Google calendars for 2022/23 and 2023/24
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please keep your child at home if he/she is ill, has flu or cold symptoms
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
23rd February – Update from the Principal (International Week)
9th February – Update from the Principal (Turkey & Syria support)
2nd February – Update from the Principal (Building Visit)
26th January – Update from the Principal (PSL Athletics Meet)
19th January – Update from the Principal (Parent Appreciation Day)
12th January – Update from the Principal (Happy Birthday Nadeen School!)
14th December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing!)
8th December – Update from the Principal (Last week of Term!)
1st December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing)
24th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Fixtures)
17th November – Update from the Principal (Remembrance Day)
10th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Events)
3rd November – Update from the Principal (Mount Everest)
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.