Update from the Principal.
Thank you for attending Orientation Day today! – it was great to meet everyone and welcome our families back into school ready for the term ahead. I very much appreciate all parents visiting the site and I am very thankful for the warm, positive and caring welcome I have received since joining the community. It really means a lot, thank you.
To see all of the students returning, excited, full of energy and enthusiasm was a fantastic way to start the day. I hope this event was the first of many throughout the school year. Seeing the students off to their classes, seeing classrooms and meeting their teachers to say hello was a real highlight for me today! We could all feel the ‘buzz’ around, the energy and the anticipation of the students to be back in lessons with our wonderful teachers.
The classrooms are set, teachers ready and we are all looking forward to our First Day Back at School on Sunday 28th August. The summer seems to have flown by and here we are at the start of another school with so many exciting and fun experiences coming up.
Thank you to our PTA for organising the Uniform Sale, we really appreciate this and it was so helpful to have this for all families in our community. We look forward to the next one!
Also, after being at the front gate for around an hour, I tried to get around and see everyone today at the event, it was nice to meet students, parents and families. If we have not had the chance to speak yet, I do very much look forward to seeing you and hopefully we can catch up very soon.
Finally, just a reminder for the upcoming Meet the Teacher event. This is a chance to come into school, visit the classroom that your child will be in this year, listen to the routines, curriculum, announcements, what students will learn and further information from the class teacher.
We have several updates to share with you below:
- Meet the Teacher – We are very excited about the upcoming events, please click on this RSVP to kindly let us know if you can attend as we plan ahead for seating and refreshments. Thank you in advance for doing this and I look forward to seeing everyone soon!
- Communication – All parents should now have received an introduction from the classroom teacher. Please use this email as the main communication to the classroom teacher.
- Communication – There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school, latest news on the website, a school newsletter (coming soon), first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Virtual Learning – please see the update at the bottom of this article.
- Learning on site – As we start the new academic year, we will return to normal school communication procedures as we hope for a year ahead without online learning. This means the return of a range of on site events for families to attend, more opportunities to come into school for meetings, presentations and coffee mornings. It will be great to see everyone face to face, planning ahead for a full year and this is a welcome change. This therefore replaces the need of Dojo as a real time communication tool, parents can instead use the school email, teacher emails and on site events. Teachers will send home a weekly email (on a Thursday) of a general update from the class and will include photos of the class from during the week.
- School Newsletter – coming soon!
- Extra-curricular clubs – these will be created next week and emailed out to all parents soon. We aim to start clubs from Sunday 11th September with a provision of ‘free’ clubs and ‘paid’ clubs.
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
All of the Principal updates sent out previously will be included at the bottom of this page.
On Sunday, we will look forward to more training sessions with the staff, time to plan ahead for the year and preparing the classrooms for the students. During next week, we have a range of sessions from subject leaders, curriculum, health and safety and phase meetings.
Have a relaxing weekend!
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
Sunday 28th August – First Day back at School!
Tuesday 30th August – Meet the Teacher/Curriculum evening (A session for parents to find out what the students will be learning and opportunity to ask any individual or day to day questions).
Wednesday 31st August – Music/Sport and After school club presentation for Parents and Students (A presentation to introduce the after school provision and opportunity to ask about clubs, activities etc).
Thursday 1st September – Coffee with the Principal (Mr Paul will go through updates from the school, a look at what is coming up, priorities and a chance for parents to meet and mingle with others).
Monday 5th September – Inclusion Presentation
Tuesday 13th September – Roald Dahl Day
Thursday 15th September – Dot Day
Wednesday 21st September – International Day of Peace
Thursday 22nd September – Unique Me Day
Thursday 29th September – International awareness Day of food loss and waste
Sunday 2nd October – International Music Day
Monday 3rd-6th October – Dyslexia Awareness
Thursday 6th October – Coffee with the Principal
Wednesday 12th October – World Crazy Hair Day
Thursday 13th October – Art Exhibition
Sunday 16th October – World Food Day
Thursday 20th October – Student Appreciation Day
Half Term/End of Maths Theme Block
Monday 31st October – Hallowe’en
Thursday 3rd November – Coffee with the Principal
Thursday 3rd November – Student Council: Hallowe’en Disco
Tuesday 8th November – Boys PSL Fixture
Tuesday 8th November – Tongue Twister Day
Wednesday 9th November Girls PSL Fixture
Sunday 13th November – Remembrance Day
Monday 14th November – World Diabetes Day
Monday 14th-17th November – Nursery Rhyme Week
Friday 18th November – Festive Fair
Sunday 20th November – World Cup Day
Monday 28th November – EYFS Sports Day
Tuesday 29th November – KS1 Sports Day, LKS2 Sports Day
Tuesday 29th November – St Andrews Day
Wednesday 30th November – UKS2 and KS3 Sports Day
Thursday 1st December – Coffee with the Principal
Sunday 4th December – International Hour of Code
Sunday 4th – 8th December – English Book Fair
Tuesday 6th December – EYFS Christmas Show
Wednesday 7th December – KS1 and KS2 Festive Singing
Tuesday 13th December – Bahrain National Day
Final Day of Term
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.