Update from the Principal.
The pace of events, activities and projects are really picking up now, so many opportunities for all of our students to get involved in. The main picture of this update shows an incredible assembly by Richard McConnell who shared with our staff and students during our assembly this week, his inspiring story of climbing Mount Everest!
First of all, a huge thank you to all parents for your time, support and help with our Halloween parade. As I mentioned in my coffee morning, the costumes were amazing and a joy to see. How parents managed to create costumes, help prepare and dress students with the added challenge of getting everyone in the car and arriving looking perfect is beyond me! – a wonderful effort and a challenge in itself! – We really do appreciate everything you have done.
Today, we look forward to our Halloween disco tonight and a great opportunity to get everyone together and celebrate Halloween, our students, parents and staff are all very excited.
We are incredibly proud of the accreditations we have at school here in Nadeen and with the news of our COBIS Accreditation we have also updated our full list of accreditations and awards. These show how we are globally recognised as a high-quality international school and can provide many educational opportunities for our students. Please have a look at them by clicking here.
Nadeen School is now a COBIS Accredited Member School.
All Nadeen School Accreditations and Awards
Coffee Morning 3
Thank you to all parents who attended the coffee morning today, I really appreciate everyone coming along and we continue to raise good ideas and suggestions that have bee implemented around the school.
- PE Block – 2 friendly fixtures at BSB 30/10 and 31/10 and then 2 PSL fixtures, Boys Tuesday 08/11 and Girls Wednesday 09/11 (Wearing our new Nadeen Kits!) held at St Chris’ School.
- Halloween – a BIG Thank you to all parents for your time, support and help with this event. The students looked amazing and had a wonderful day!
- COBIS – https://www.nadeenschool.com/cobis-accredited/
- School Accreditations and Awards – We are very proud of our Accreditations and Awards https://www.nadeenschool.com/accreditation/ (BSO, BQA and COBIS Accreditation).
- Latest News – All articles, information and Updates. https://www.nadeenschool.com/news/
- Drive through Pick up – Now in operation.
- The Student Newspaper Club – https://www.nadeenschool.com/nadeen-news-edition-1/
- FAQs page – Now on website: https://www.nadeenschool.com/faqs/ (Bus information, Arabic lessons, traffic etc.)
- Dilmunia – Breast Cancer Awareness Walk – https://www.nadeenschool.com/dilmunia-breast-cancer-awareness-walk/
- Linkedin – We are currently building our LinkedIn profile to connect with families, businesses etc, click here to join us!
- Innovation Awards – Last night Nadeen School attended (Unique Child Programme) recognised and celebrated. (Education Innovation and Excellence Award – for our ‘Unique Child Program’)
- Outgoing trips! –
- BSB PE (Girls/Boys Football)
- St Chris PE (Girls/Boys Football)
- City Centre – Nutty Scientist (Year 5, 6)
- National Theatre – Little Red Riding Hood (EY and KS1)
- National Theatre – ELF (Years 3-7)
- planning for Ecoventure feb/mar 2023
- Reports – to be issued this month (Information regarding Written Reports and Oral Reports will be sent out).
- Lego Club – New resources for Lego activities!
- International Competitions for students – Student entries for Art and Poetry (sent out soon).
We also now have 7 Teacher Feature Articles on our Website. The articles are an informal insight into the thoughts, experiences and background of our teachers. They all answer the same 4 questions:
- Briefly describe your journey as a teacher.
- Why did you decide to specilaise in your chosen area?
- What makes Nadeen such a unique place to work?
- How would you describe a typical day at Nadeen?
Click on the links below to read about our staff so far who have been a part of our ‘Teacher Feature’ series:
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at 8.00am – 9.00am, Thursday 1st December.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Trips and visits – now starting this half term as shared out in the coffee morning and above.
- Art and Poetry International competitions – International competition entries now being made.
- Communication – the next Coffee morning is on Thursday 3rd November from 8.00am to 9.00am. An opportunity to hear updates, plans moving forward and to meet other parents.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- New School Model – now in Dilmunia Mall
- Reports – Oral and Written Reports going out this month.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Festive Fair – Planning is under way for our annual Festive Fair!
- Drive By Pick up has now started! – other year groups will be added. Please email Miss Kate to register your interest and find out more.
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
EARLY YEARS OPEN MORNING: Monday 21st November
Our other general Open Days are below:
OPEN DAY 2: Sunday 29th January 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Have a wonderful weekend!
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
Nadeen School – All Events for 2022_23 for a printable PDF click here
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
UPDATE – In light of the entry of the influenza season early this year, whose symptoms are similar to those of the Corona virus, The following must be recalled to contribute to the fluidity of education in schools and to preserve the health of students and the academic and administrative staff:
1- Remind parents of the need to keep the student at home if he has symptoms .
2- Follow the necessary precautionary and preventive measures to prevent its transmission among students. These are displayed around school.
3- Reminding parents and all teaching and administrative staff in schools of the availability of seasonal influenza vaccines for this season in all health centers.
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween and Mount Everest)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.