Update from the Principal.
I would like to start by thanking all families who are tried our drop off point in the morning this week, we’ve seen a steady increase in the number of cars using this over the past week. From Thursday 8th September (We had 57 cars), we’ve had between 65-75 cars per day which is a positive shift in the number of families using this. Feel free to use the drop off system in the future as we try and boost this great system!
Thank you for your continued support in ensuring our students arrive each day at school safely (wearing their seatbelts) in the morning.
This week, I have had a great opportunity to visit every classroom during the morning form time of 7:35am to 8:00am. I have seen some wonderful practice and as a school, we are now sharing ideas to create consistency and an excellent provision to welcome, stimulate and engage the students as they arrive to the classroom. Some of the areas I have seen which are very impressive are:
- The greetings from the Classroom Teacher
- Positive and purposeful environment
- Engaging activities ready for students to enjoy
- Challenges or instructions displayed on a white board
- Opportunities for students to socialise and work with one another!
This week, I visited the British Embassy with Miss Shanee to write in the book of condolences on behalf of the Nadeen school community. It was a great honour to do this. On Monday 19th September, Nadeen School will continue to mark our respects to the sad passing of the Queen. Nadeen School will be open for the full school day as per normal for our students. All parents have been emailed showing our plan during the funeral in the UK. It starts around 1:00pm local Bahrain time and we will have two minutes silence at 2:00pm. This therefore, delays drop off as we show our respect and thoughts during this time.
Please note: Our two minutes silence on Monday afternoon at 2pm, the delay to drop off during the funeral for the Queen.
During drop off and pick up, we’ve had several challenges this week with traffic and parking. Thank you for your patience with the traffic as our students have all arrived full of energy and positive, not affected by the long waits and delays. I am very grateful for this.
Also, as a school we need to promote good values and behaviours even in difficult circumstances or frustrations. During pick up we need to model in front of all students, calmness, understanding and politeness, as young children will be influenced by our approach around them. I ask personally that if any parents have a disagreement during pick up, we put the positive ethos of our community first. This is how we communicate, act, and conduct ourselves around our wonderful students. This thoughtful and compassion approach is a strength of our Nadeen community and something we must uphold each day and an aspect we want to take to the new campus with us.
It is in our mission and the very fabric of what we do:
“Our mission is to provide a caring, nurturing, and empowering environment in which all children can learn and thrive.”
Thank you to all parents who attended the Nadeen School Presentation, Vision for 2023/24.
We have several updates to share with you below:
- Communication – There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school, latest news on the website, a school newsletter (coming soon), first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- School Newsletter – coming soon! (Hopefully as student-led as mentioned in our presentations this week).
- Extra-curricular clubs – starting Sunday 18th September! – thank you to everyone for signing your children up to the clubs. We have had a wonderful response this week.
- New School Visit – parents can visit the building anytime and we are organising a visit in October and will send out more information.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day to day learning at school. This is open for Nadeen School parents and for any other parents who wish to visit.
OPEN DAY 1: Thursday 13th October 2022
All of the Principal updates sent out previously will be included at the bottom of this page.
Have an amazing weekend!
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.