Update from the Principal.
We had a wonderful end to the week with our Staff Appreciation Day breakfast kindly hosted by our PTA this morning. A great way to celebrate our staff across the school. We have such a dedicated, caring, and compassionate group of professionals and it is a pleasure to work with them each day. Thank you to all the staff at Nadeen School.
During this week we have enjoyed many events, exciting lessons, another awareness day across the school (World Laughter Day), then parents visiting our Early Years at our Open Morning, and an excellent assembly on promoting the love of writing!
This week, I have been fortunate enough to visit many lessons and to sit in with our students as they have enjoyed a range of different topics and projects. An inspired Reception class with Ms Louise and a very enthusiastic class with Ms Sarah engaged in a range of Maths challenges were two of these. It is always excellent to visit classes and to see how much our students learn, interact and most of all, enjoy what they are doing. Our students at Nadeen School in class each day are very happy, and it is fantastic to see them as they experience such a variety of activities, topics, and experiences. Meeting the students at drop off each day, going to lessons, assemblies and seeing the morning routines are great aspects of my role and I look forward to all of these immensely!
Next week, we have PSL girls’ football on Monday if you are free to come along to Bayan School at 6.45pm. Boys are the following week on 22nd May, 6.45pm.
In the Update from the Principal next week, we will include the list of staff leaving at the end of the year as we recognise and value their contributions to the school and wish them all the very best for the future. We will also include the list of the new staff, with photos and a bio to share with our community as we get ready to welcome our new arrivals joining our community for August 2023. This time of year, in term 3 we also say goodbye to families as they leave or plan to leave soon. Being an international school, this enriches the students with the opportunity of having connections around the world, friends for life, living and experiencing different countries and cultures.
The transient nature of international schools is special and provides so many opportunities for our students to experience and gain valuable friendships at such a young age. This is an important aspect that helps them to develop along with the internationalism, exposure to culture, social activities, different beliefs and community spirit. I always remind everyone that you are always very welcome to return and please pop in to say hello in the future!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Dr Paul Walton
The image below is of the lights in our new campus in Dilmunia being fully turned on for the first time.
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at Thursday 8th June 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email email@example.com
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Uniform Shop – now available at https://besportbh.com/nadeen-school/
- Calendars – now available at https://www.nadeenschool.com/our-calendar/
- Morning Drop off – The gates open each morning at 7.35am, if parents would like to drop students off earlier in school, please email Miss Karen about the breakfast club from 7.00am.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
Early Years Open Mornings
12 June 2023: 8:15 to 9:15.
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please keep your child at home if he/she is ill, has flu or cold symptoms
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
4 May – Update from the Principal (COBIS Eco Film Award)
27th April – Update from the Principal (Planet Protectors)
20th April – Update from the Principal (Earth Day)
13th April – Update from the Principal (English Roundup)
30th March – Update from the Principal (Ramadan)
23rd March – Update from the Principal (Science Fair)
16th March – Update from the Principal (Welcome back Ecoventure)
9th March – Update from the Principal (Ecoventure)
2nd March – Update from the Principal (Literacy Activities)
23rd February – Update from the Principal (International Week)
9th February – Update from the Principal (Turkey & Syria support)
2nd February – Update from the Principal (Building Visit)
26th January – Update from the Principal (PSL Athletics Meet)
19th January – Update from the Principal (Parent Appreciation Day)
12th January – Update from the Principal (Happy Birthday Nadeen School!)
14th December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing!)
8th December – Update from the Principal (Last week of Term!)
1st December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing)
24th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Fixtures)
17th November – Update from the Principal (Remembrance Day)
10th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Events)
3rd November – Update from the Principal (Mount Everest)
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.