Update from the Principal.
Thank you to our parents this week for supporting our Superhero Day on Sunday! A fantastic way to start the week and so many beautiful and amazing costumes worn by our staff and students. This brings fun into the school and creates a positive atmosphere around the classrooms. Also, a very interesting and informative Deaf Awareness day for our staff and students to recognise and to find out more about. Thank you to everyone for supporting our awareness days this week. We have also had our Two’s programme presentation by Miss Kacey for our students who have just turned 2 years old. Many activities that are provided by our school might be of interest to you, so please contact either Miss Kacey or Admissions to find out more.
In the Update from the Principal in two weeks (Thursday 18th May), I will create a special update to thank the teachers who are leaving Nadeen School and a chance to value and appreciate their time at our school. We will also include information about new teachers joining our community in one list for you to have everything in one place. Hopefully, you have seen the many social media posts about our new staff to our school as we look forward to welcoming new teachers and staff to our wonderful community.
Thank you to all parents for attending the coffee morning. Many announcements and as normal, these are included below:
- COBIS Eco Film Award – https://www.nadeenschool.com/nadeen-school-the-planet-protectors-pave/
- Bus Company – the company we are using are Al Moayyed transport. They have received all feedback from parents (150 responses), this included the google form completed by families. They have created zones from this and put it on a map. We are meeting the company next week to confirm the zones and timings. The prices are BD60, BD65 and BD70, depending on the length of the trip (This includes both ways). Pick up after the first club (This is the current proposal*).
- New building – Phase 6 out of 8 completed (As shared out in August), Phase 7 is staff visiting the school to set up the rooms and Phase 8 is the final stage for groups of students and teachers to visit the school. This week we have completed another exciting stage by sharing out the allocation of the rooms and offices with all staff. During the last meeting with staff 17/04 we announced the building is over 90% completed. Playground equipment has arrived in port, once it arrives at school it will take 2-3 weeks to complete and once this is confirmed there will be no more work by the site team.
- Extracurricular Activities – We have 35 activities running this term. Prices have increased slightly for paid clubs due to rental costs and purchasing of resources across the ECS. In August, we will be able to use our own facilities to run these activities. We will continue to offer free ECAs and also increase the number of Free ECAs in the new building. Survey completed and results will be shared out
- Uniform – the uniform company is called ‘Kapes’ (You can check them out on social media to see some of the very impressive projects they have been involved in), this follows the ethos of the eco and sustainability vision of the school. This will be available from August. We will update everyone to when we have either a school uniform shop or a pop up stall that all parents can attend.
- New Staff joining Nadeen School in August 2023- Videos have been shared out on Social Media introducing and welcoming new staff to the school. All new staff will be placed in one document and shared out to all families.
- Staff Leaving at the end of the year – These will be included in the Update from the Principal on Thursday 18th May so that everyone can thank staff and all are included in one communication together.
- BSME Fixtures – list included in this presentation.
- Eco Adventure and Ski Trip – list included in this presentation.
- End of Year Production – Information sent out on Social media for our ‘Environment Show’ organised by Mr Tom, Ms Sionelle and Ms Gaby (13th and 14th June).
- ECA Feedback – thank you to all parents who have filled in the survey, the summary of the ECA survey will be shared out to everyone.
- Drop off – An increase in cars at the drop off has helped a lot with the start of the day and the safety in the car park. Thank you to parents who are able to use this, have helped with this and who have joined the drop off.
- Events – thank you to all parents for supporting events this year. We have reduced awareness days for next year as we have different events we can have in the new school building (Swimming Gala, Musicals, Sports, Exit Points etc.).
- Open Day – Tuesday 23rd May, a chance to come in and to speak to teachers, see your children learn and visit he classrooms.
- Parent Tours – please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org email address at school if you are interested in any parent tours of the new building.
- Catering companies – are being reviewed as we focus on the provision of healthy food.
For the upcoming 2023/24 academic year, here are the 3 BSME Sports events we are looking to enter.
- BSME U13 Netball – Saturday 11th November @ Brighton College, Abu Dhabi
- BSME U11 Football – Friday 26th, Saturday 27th January @ St Christopher’s School, Bahrain
- BSME U11 Small Games – Friday 1st, Saturday 2nd, Sunday 3rd March @ Brighton College, Al Ain
Mr. Kyle has already registered us for the U11 Small Games. We will look to register for the other 2 tournaments in the coming days.
For the upcoming 2023/24 academic year, here are the dates for the International Trips we will offer:
- (Water based trip) Year 5&6 – November 12-16th 2023 (Eco Adventure)
- (Desert based trip) Year 7-9 – November 19-23rd 2023 (Eco Adventure)
- Azerbaijan (Ski Trip) Year 6-9 – January 14-18th 2024
Mr. Kyle will send out further information.
- Thank you to all parents for supporting the PTA events this year.
- Events such as Festive Fair, International Week, Staff Appreciation, PTA Uniform Sales etc. and many more.
- Your time, care and encouragement at these events are very much appreciated by everyone at school.
Have a wonderful weekend
Dr Paul Walton
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at Thursday 6th June 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email email@example.com
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Uniform Shop – now available at https://besportbh.com/nadeen-school/
- Calendars – now available at https://www.nadeenschool.com/our-calendar/
- Morning Drop off – The gates open each morning at 7.35am, if parents would like to drop students off earlier in school, please email Miss Karen about the breakfast club from 7.00am.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
Early Years Open Mornings
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
Click here to see Nadeen School PDF and Google calendars for 2022/23 and 2023/24
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please keep your child at home if he/she is ill, has flu or cold symptoms
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
27th April – Update from the Principal (Planet Protectors)
20th April – Update from the Principal (Earth Day)
13th April – Update from the Principal (English Roundup)
30th March – Update from the Principal (Ramadan)
23rd March – Update from the Principal (Science Fair)
16th March – Update from the Principal (Welcome back Ecoventure)
9th March – Update from the Principal (Ecoventure)
2nd March – Update from the Principal (Literacy Activities)
23rd February – Update from the Principal (International Week)
9th February – Update from the Principal (Turkey & Syria support)
2nd February – Update from the Principal (Building Visit)
26th January – Update from the Principal (PSL Athletics Meet)
19th January – Update from the Principal (Parent Appreciation Day)
12th January – Update from the Principal (Happy Birthday Nadeen School!)
14th December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing!)
8th December – Update from the Principal (Last week of Term!)
1st December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing)
24th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Fixtures)
17th November – Update from the Principal (Remembrance Day)
10th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Events)
3rd November – Update from the Principal (Mount Everest)
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.