Update from the Principal.
The picture above is one of many that could have been chosen to show our wonderful Year 5, Year 6, Boys and Girls as they participated in the Primary Sports League football tournament this week. We are so incredibly proud of every single one of them!
Both teams performed incredibly well, gave it their absolute best, and represented the school impeccably with their fair play, respect and conduct. Thank you to all parents for going along to support both events and a special thank you to Mr Matt, Mr Kyle for organising this and all other Nadeen Staff who attended to support and helped. It was my first visit to St Christopher’s School, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing our students perform extremely well, for the boys to win three games out of the seven was amazing and they were the clear better team in at least two of the other four of the games. I was very impressed with their attitude, drive, and energy on the football pitch. On another day with a little more luck, we would have progressed to the semi-finals. All of this from students who are a year younger than the teams they played against. The girls did extremely well with 1 win, 2 draws and some excellent performances. It gives us great hope for the future for the Boys and Girls teams when they are able to use the fantastic facilities in our new school in Dilmunia!
During the last week, we have seen our students completing the very important PIRA (Progress in Reading Assessment) and PUMA (Progress in understanding Mathematics Assessment) tests in class. These are an international benchmark of academic progress and we have already seen some wonderful individual progress and some exceptional high scores. The planning, preparation and support from the teachers has been first-class and we look to celebrate all individual progress of these academic results during the next week. At Nadeen School, we do value the progress of all students.
Another wonderful Students Voice Article below:
Student Voice – Year 5 (Creative Writing) – What are you Passionate About?
This week we had a very motivating and interesting assembly from the Chelsea Pensioners during our Remembrance Assembly. The assembly was an opportunity to pause, reflect and to be thankful for all that we have through those who have served or are currently serving. Our Year 2 and 6 students combined creating a wonderful assembly for us all to enjoy.
We are delighted to have received an Education Innovation and Excellence Award last week from Gulf Insider, full details of the award are included in our accreditations page below:
All Nadeen School Accreditations and Awards
A huge congratulations to Yasmina (Year 7), for being the first student to be nominated for a COBIS (Council of British International Schools) international competition, this time in Poetry. We are very proud of the high standard of academic work we see on a daily basis, and this is another example of what our remarkable students do. It is recognised and very much valued, well done Yasmina!
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at 8.00am – 9.00am, Thursday 1st December.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email email@example.com
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Art and Poetry International competitions – International competition entries now being made.
- Communication – the next Coffee morning is on Thursday 1st December from 8.00am to 9.00am. An opportunity to hear updates, plans moving forward and to meet other parents.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- Reports – Oral and Written Reports going out this month.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Festive Fair – Planning is under way for our annual Festive Fair!
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
EARLY YEARS OPEN MORNING: Monday 21st November
Our other general Open Days are below:
OPEN DAY 2: Sunday 29th January 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Have a wonderful weekend!
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
Nadeen School – All Events for 2022_23 for a printable PDF click here
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
UPDATE – In light of the entry of the influenza season early this year, whose symptoms are similar to those of the Corona virus, The following must be recalled to contribute to the fluidity of education in schools and to preserve the health of students and the academic and administrative staff:
1- Remind parents of the need to keep the student at home if he has symptoms .
2- Follow the necessary precautionary and preventive measures to prevent its transmission among students. These are displayed around school.
3- Reminding parents and all teaching and administrative staff in schools of the availability of seasonal influenza vaccines for this season in all health centers.
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
3rd November – Update from the Principal (Mount Everest)
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.