Update from the Principal.
Wow! – what a great first day back with staff!
It has been a wonderful first day back with staff at school and to see everyone together as one team, excited to start the year and full of energy to prepare classrooms and learning spaces in advance of the upcoming Orientation Day. The image above was taken of the new campus yesterday (Wednesday 17th August) and from this angle really shows the scale of the project and the different areas of the school taking shape. This morning, we welcomed all staff, including new teachers to our school and covered various areas such as priorities ahead, new building updates, teaching and learning, events and our school improvement plan. It is an absolute privilege to be here in Bahrain and meeting the staff today has been an absolute pleasure. Everyone is so excited to welcome back our families and full of energy for the new school year!
We have several exciting updates to share with you below:
- Meet the Teacher – We are very excited about the upcoming events, please click on this RSVP to kindly let us know if you can attend as we plan ahead for seating and refreshments. Thank you in advance for doing this and I look forward to seeing everyone soon!
- Communication – All parents should now have received an introduction from the classroom teacher. Please use this email as the main communication to the classroom teacher.
- Communication – There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school, latest news on the website, a school newsletter (coming soon), first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Learning on site – As we start the new academic year, we will return to normal school communication procedures as we hope for a year ahead without online learning. This means the return of a range of on site events for families to attend, more opportunities to come into school for meetings, presentations and coffee mornings. It will be great to see everyone face to face, planning ahead for a full year and this is a welcome change. This therefore replaces the need of Dojo as a real time communication tool as teachers work with students during the day, parents can instead use the school email, teacher emails and on site events. For emergencies, please phone the school office. Teachers will send home a weekly email (on a Thursday) of a general update from the class and will include photos of the class from during the week.
- School Newsletter – coming soon!
- Extra-curricular clubs – these will be created next week and emailed out to all parents soon. We aim to start clubs from Sunday 11th September with a provision of ‘free’ clubs and ‘paid’ clubs.
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
All of the Principal updates sent out previously will be included at the bottom of this page.
On Sunday, we will look forward to more training sessions with the staff, time to plan ahead for the year and preparing the classrooms for the students. During next week, we have a range of sessions from subject leaders, curriculum, health and safety and phase meetings.
Have a relaxing weekend!
Key Dates for August
Thursday 25th August – Orientation Day (An informal event to meet all teachers, staff and families at the start of the year).
Sunday 28th August – First Day back at School!
Tuesday 30th August – Meet the Teacher/Curriculum evening (A session for parents to find out what the students will be learning and opportunity to ask any individual or day to day questions).
Wednesday 31st August – Music/Sport and After school club presentation for Parents and Students (A presentation to introduce the after school provision and opportunity to ask about clubs, activities etc).
Thursday 1st September – Coffee with the Principal (Mr Paul will go through updates from the school, a look at what is coming up, priorities and a chance for parents to meet and mingle with others).
Health and Safety
All Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)