Update from the Principal.
Our wonderful PE block continued this week with our Sports Days! A huge thank you to Mr Kyle, Mr Matt and all of the staff involved in planning, organising and delivering such an enjoyable day for our students. We really do appreciate these fantastic opportunities. Thank you to our very supportive parents who attended and encouraged all students involved, making this such a warm and welcoming event for everyone. A real strength of Nadeen School is the community, making people feel valued and ensuring everyone can be included. Thank you.
Finally, the students were incredible, with their approach, kindness towards others and support for the houses and for all students participating!
This week, we updated the staff about the building progress, the IT development, construction, outdoor play equipment and the inside furniture in learning spaces throughout the school.
Thank you to all parents who attend the December Coffee with the Principal, a great way to receive updates, meet other parents and to ask any questions that you may have in an informal setting. Today, it was excellent, and time flew by as we talked about the new building, events, school trips and how we can encourage our community to learn Arabic together. If you are interested in getting involved to help with this, we are putting together a Parent/Teacher group to plan how we can embed further opportunities for Arabic at playtime, tutor time, before and after school by using basic words and building conversational language. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org include ‘Arabic Language Group’ in the subject heading.
Pobble.com- World Cup Creative Writing Workshop
Nadeen School Netball – Year 5, 6 and 7
Academic Excellence – PIRA PUMA
Coffee Morning Updates
- Festive Fair – Thank you to the PTA for all help with the Festive Fair: over 70 vendors and 10 food vendors, 4 big bronze and silver sponsors, raffle and donations, 120 raffle prizes over 3,000 BD! – an amazing effort.
- PTA – Thank you for your help and support with all events in term 1. I encourage anyone who is interested in getting involved helping the school to reach out and contact our wonderful PTA!
- PE Block – Thank you to everyone who attended and has supported through the sports days! – an amazing set of events for our PE block. (Our students were fantastic, the support for one another, joy, attitude and energy were a privilege to see).
- com (World Cup Creative Writing Workshop) – Nadeen students joined over 10,000 students to develop writing skills ‘ literacy through sport – World Cup writing lesson. https://www.nadeenschool.com/pobble-com-world-cup-creative-writing-workshop/
- Nadeen School Netball – Year 5, 6 and 7 – 2 teams (Blues and yellows) were fantastic and to further aim to help preparation for the PSL Netball Tournament in early 2023 https://www.nadeenschool.com/nadeen-school-5-6-7-netball/
- COBIS Art competition – https://www.nadeenschool.com/cobis-international-art-competition-2022/ Nadeen School submitted winners from Key Stage 1,2 and 3.
- Academic Outcomes – https://www.nadeenschool.com/academic-excellence-pira-puma-202223/
- Term 2 Clubs – survey will be sent out to all families. Paid clubs open till the 8th December, free clubs continue. This will be reviewed for term 2.
- Latest News – All articles, information and Updates. https://www.nadeenschool.com/news/
- FAQs page – Now on website: https://www.nadeenschool.com/faqs/ (Bus information, Arabic lessons, traffic etc.)* UFTP+FAQs
- Nadeen School U11 Football – https://www.nadeenschool.com/u11-football-primary-sports-league/
- New School Forecast and update – 77 days, on target. This week we updated staff regarding IT, Wifi, ordering of playground equipment, furniture in classrooms etc.
- Fees – FAQS page https://www.nadeenschool.com/faqs/ (
- Pre-nursery + Year 9 in August 2023 – under consideration. We will publish fees first and send out an ‘expression of interest’ survey for parents.
- Curriculum plans – all curriculum plans on https://www.nadeenschool.com/key-stage-3-ks3/ other year groups will be updated over the coming weeks to show what students are learning, each half term and additional resources they can use.
- Arabic language – resources listed in a presentation (26 pages of basics from ‘My first Arabic phrases’).
- Poetry – over 20 poems created by students, now artwork being created and added. (To be shared in assembly, tutor time etc.)
- Ecoventure – planning trips for Spring 2024, extending provision by adding to Al Sayh, looking at a Ski Trip Spring 2024.
- PE Block – More active sports, games and activities for our students to enjoy!
- Extra-Curricular Activities – We will add further activities for sports in Term 2 ‘free clubs’, additionally from teachers who have not yet ran clubs. Survey will be sent out to parents re clubs and options for Term 2 shortly.
- Teacher Feature – 7 teacher features shared out.
- Onsite events – Full event list here.
- New Building Visits – (77 days to go) all staff now visited in teams as mentioned as part of the plan at the previous coffee morning.
- Wednesday 14th December – final day of term, 12.00 finish/pick up.
- Sunday 8th January 2023 – First day of School for Term 2.
Academic Success at Nadeen School
12 Nadeen Students achieved top 4% of the international scores in PIRA or PUMA
4 Nadeen Students achieved top 2% of the international scores in PIRA or PUMA
We also now have 7 Teacher Feature Articles on our Website. The articles are an informal insight into the thoughts, experiences and background of our teachers. They all answer the same 4 questions:
- Briefly describe your journey as a teacher.
- Why did you decide to specilaise in your chosen area?
- What makes Nadeen such a unique place to work?
- How would you describe a typical day at Nadeen?
Click on the links below to read about our staff so far who have been a part of our ‘Teacher Feature’ series:
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at Thursday 12th January 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email email@example.com
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Morning Drop off – The gates open each morning at 7.35am, if parents would like to drop students off earlier in school, please email Miss Karen about the breakfast club from 7.00am.
- Communication – the next Coffee morning is on Thursday 12th January 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.. An opportunity to hear updates, plans moving forward and to meet other parents.
- Student Illness – If your child/children show symptoms of being ill, please keep them at home and seek assistance from your doctor.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
Early Years Open Mornings
Monday 16th January
Monday 20th February.
OPEN DAY 2: Sunday 29th January 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
Nadeen School – All Events for 2022_23 for a printable PDF click here
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
Have a wonderful weekend!
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please keep your child at home if he/she is ill, has flu or cold symptoms
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
17th November – Update from the Principal (Remembrance Day)
10th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Events)
3rd November – Update from the Principal (Mount Everest)
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.