Update from the Principal.
Wow! – what a great week. As the quote at school by Carol Dweck shows we certainly have had a week of ‘stretching yourself and sticking to it’. It feels like the entire community have started with so much momentum this term and we all have that passion to try our best for the students!
First of all, Nadeen School, is an Outstanding School, please click here to find out more.
Thank you to everyone in the community for your hard work, time, support and commitment to make this happen. To have our community recognised in this way is very special and we are very proud of this achievement. We will celebrate extracts from the report over the coming weeks.
To see the full Inspection Report click here.
We’ve had a visit to the new school, Extra-Curricular Activities starting, International Day of Peace, Unique Me Day, Maths Activities and STEAM projects starting. It’s great to see so much going on and many exciting opportunities for our students to enjoy, have fun and learn together.
If you have a moment, please check out the ‘Student Voice’ article below.
Year 5, 6 and 7: Descriptive Writing please click here
I’ve had so many highlights this week, it has been amazing. A quick mention first of all to Aishwarya, Devji and Isabel for a beautiful poem below which is now proudly displayed in the office! Thank you so much for creating this and reading it out, a truly fantastic effort and high-quality work!
This week we have seen an increase in the number of cars using the Drop Off Point to now over 80 cars per day! – Thank you to all parents, we really appreciate you trying to use this system. This is a safe and efficient way to start the day avoiding using the car park to park, walk across the car park and then reverse or drive out past other cars. If you are able to use the Drop Off Point, please do! – Thank you in advance for your support in ensuring the safety of all Nadeen School children.
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
We’ve had a very smooth start to the year with parents taking students to the classroom during the first 2 weeks of school. This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1. Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks. After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school. Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms. Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
FAQ – New Building in Dilmunia
Please find below, an FAQ session with our students about the building. These are the questions that they cam eup with and the answers below:
- When can I visit the site?
- You can visit whenever you like! You can walk around the perimeter fence and peek through to see what is going on. You can park at the fence-line and walk from there
- When will the school be finished?
- We are expecting a handover on February 16th, 2023
- How long is the pool?
- The pool 4 lanes wide and 25m long
- Will there be any mint grown at the new school?
- Yes, we will grow mint, basil, oregano, rosemary, curry leaf, lemongrass, and all of the other herbs we currently have. We’ll also have a vegetable growing area.
- Will our school uniform be changing?
- We are looking at options for a new uniform design. If you have any ideas or suggestions for our new uniform please let Miss Shanee know
- Will we have different things in the playground?
- We are designing the playground now to include climbing frames, quiet areas, exploration areas, mud kitchens, music areas, performance areas, and activity areas. We’ll be taking some of our current playground things with us and the rest will be brand new!
- Can I ride my bike to school?
- Yes! If you live in Dilmunia you will be able to ride your bike to school
- All activities now have lists of students and registration is complete. Some clubs have started as mentioned on the Extra-Curricular page on the website.
- ‘clubs leaders’ will email parents a collection point from which you collect your children at the end of the day.
We have several updates to share with you below:
- Communication – There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school, latest news on the website, a school newsletter (coming soon), first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Health and Safety – Please see the Health and Safety section at the bottom of the page for an update regarding a message from the Public Health Section.
- School Newsletter – coming soon! (Hopefully as student-led as mentioned in our presentations this week).
- Extra-curricular clubs – all ‘clubs leaders’ will email parents a collection point from which you collect your children at the end of the day.
- New School Visit – parents can visit the building anytime and we are organising a visit in October and will send out more information.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day to day learning at school. This is open for Nadeen School parents and for any other parents who wish to visit.
EARLY YEARS OPEN MORNING: Monday 26th September
EARLY YEARS OPEN MORNING: Monday 17th October
EARLY YEARS OPEN MORNING: Monday 21st November
Our other general Open Days are below:
OPEN DAY 1: Thursday 13th October 2022
OPEN DAY 2: Sunday 29th January 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Have an amazing weekend!
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
Nadeen School – All Events for 2022_23 for a printable PDF click here
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
UPDATE – In light of the entry of the influenza season early this year, whose symptoms are similar to those of the Corona virus, The following must be recalled to contribute to the fluidity of education in schools and to preserve the health of students and the academic and administrative staff:
1- Remind parents of the need to keep the student at home if he has symptoms .
2- Follow the necessary precautionary and preventive measures to prevent its transmission among students. These are displayed around school.
3- Reminding parents and all teaching and administrative staff in schools of the availability of seasonal influenza vaccines for this season in all health centers.
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.