Update from the Principal.
Happy New Year and welcome to 2023!
We start the update with a very special announcement to celebrate our 45th Birthday of Nadeen School! – please look out for the updates over the coming weeks as we mark this very special occasion as a school. It is wonderful to be a part of a school with a rich history of learning, care and student support and to recognise this and come together as a community. We are very excited about the good times ahead! Today, instead of my normal coffee morning on the first Thursday of every month, we have our Nadeen School birthday celebrations, I look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday 2nd February for our next coffee with the Principal.
I’d also like to thank all parents for your patience and understanding this week as we have navigated a return to school and a drop off during the rain! I really appreciated how well everyone worked together to make the morning drop off as smooth as possible for everyone involved. Thank you.
Also, a huge thank you to parents and teachers who have volunteered to help set up our Arabic speaking group with the purpose on increasing the use of Arabic around the school during tutor time, break times and during play. We look forward to updates about this group and ideas that we can use to promote Arabic around our school.
I am delighted to announce that we have extended our provision for French lessons and Ms Fabiola will move from part time to full time. Our first full time foreign languages teacher at school. Another step forward with our languages at Nadeen School. We have a lot more ideas moving forward and are very pleased to confirm this step.
We have a couple of updates for you below regarding calendars:
- A google calendar is now available to download for all parents that includes our celebrations, events and awareness days.
- 2023/24 Academic calendar is available with term dates, in two different formats on the website.
Over the winter break, the building work has continued and the campus has really started to take shape with the outside facade progress looking incredible! – the building is on schedule and we will visit during next week to check if it is suitable for our teams to visit and then organise a time for a closer look for all staff and plan a time for parents and students to have a visit. It looks fantastic and each day we move a step closer. Over the past few weeks we have started to welcome deliveries of various items and will see Teaching and Learning Resources, Furniture, IT equipment, Books, Whiteboards and much more arrive to our site.
We are delighted with the reaction to our new online uniform shop for PE/Sportswear and we look forward to more items being added to the shop over the coming weeks! https://besportbh.com/nadeen-school/
Have a wonderful weekend!
We also now have 7 Teacher Feature Articles on our Website. The articles are an informal insight into the thoughts, experiences and background of our teachers. They all answer the same 4 questions:
- Briefly describe your journey as a teacher.
- Why did you decide to specilaise in your chosen area?
- What makes Nadeen such a unique place to work?
- How would you describe a typical day at Nadeen?
Click on the links below to read about our staff so far who have been a part of our ‘Teacher Feature’ series:
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at Thursday 2nd February 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
- 7 main areas for Communication: There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school to the whole community, latest news on the website for all articles, a school newsletter every half term, first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal, weekly email from teachers, Social Media (Instagram/Facebook) and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Morning Drop off – The gates open each morning at 7.35am, if parents would like to drop students off earlier in school, please email Miss Karen about the breakfast club from 7.00am.
- Communication – the next Coffee morning is on Thursday 2nd February 2023, 8.00am – 9.00am.. An opportunity to hear updates, plans moving forward and to meet other parents.
- School Newsletter – click here to read all about it!.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
Early Years Open Mornings
Monday 16th January
Monday 20th February.
OPEN DAY 2: Sunday 29th January 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
Click here to see Nadeen School PDF and Google calendars for 2022/23 and 2023/24
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please keep your child at home if he/she is ill, has flu or cold symptoms
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
14th December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing!)
8th December – Update from the Principal (Last week of Term!)
1st December – Update from the Principal (Festive Singing)
24th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Fixtures)
17th November – Update from the Principal (Remembrance Day)
10th November – Update from the Principal (Sports Events)
3rd November – Update from the Principal (Mount Everest)
20th October – Update from the Principal (Halloween)
13th October – Update from the Principal (Buddy Classes)
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.