Update from the Principal.
Thank you to everyone for attending our Open Day this morning, it was wonderful to see so many parents and to have the opportunity to share with you what we see and experience each day with our amazing students!
This week we have enjoyed an assembly highlighting Cystic Fibrosis through our ‘Crazy Hair’ day, thank you for your support and enabling so many students to take part in this important awareness day. During the assembly, Mr Matt explained the purpose of the day, what Cystic Fibrosis is and thanked the students and staff getting involved.
Some great articles for you to look through below:
This week we’ve been in lessons and seen some fantastic learning in Year 3 and 4, continuing our commitment to see every class for full lessons this term.
Also, this week, as part of out professional development for staff, we talked through the recent BSO inspection report and identified areas to improve that could be added to our school development plan. This is an item I will share with parents at the next coffee morning.
Coffee with the Principal
I look forward to the next Coffee with the Principal at 8.00am – 9.00am, Thursday 3rd November.
School Year 2023/24
Please contact admissions or our school office, if you would like t to register interest for any siblings of current Nadeen School students. Our enrolment for 2023/24 has started. If you have any further questions, please contact: +973 17 728886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop Off Point
Please can parents use the Drop Off Point, if possible, in the mornings.
Drop Off – Parents on site
- This option of walking students on site remains open for parents of children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1, as normal.
- Also, we have the option for any new parents to drop off their children to the class for the first 2 weeks.
- After this, Year 2 to Year 7 students must be dropped off at the front of the school.
- Only parents of Nursery, Reception and Year 1 should be accompanying students to their classrooms.
- Parents of students in Year 2 to 7 must make an appointment to see the teacher (to avoid disrupting learning, lessons, target time), an email to the teacher or to contact the reception if this is an emergency.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and support.
We have several updates to share with you below:
- Communication – There will be an update from the Principal each Thursday from school, latest news on the website, a school newsletter (coming soon), first Thursday of each month for coffee with the principal and many exciting school events coming up on our events page on the website.
- Communication – the next Coffee morning is on Thursday 3rd November from 8.00am to 9.00am. An opportunity to hear updates, plans moving forward and to meet other parents.
- School Newsletter – coming soon! – with our student Newspaper club.
- New School Model – now in Dilmunia Mall
- New School Visit – parents can visit the building anytime and we are organising a visit in October and will send out more information.
- New School – Opening Spring 2023
- Social Media updates – Please follow our Facebook and Instagram pages to see the latest photos, posts and updates about our new school campus in Dilmunia. It looks incredible and it is great to see the progress each week of everything coming together.
Also, we have a chance for parents to invite your friends along to experience what Nadeen School has to offer, please see the dates below for all parents to come in and see our school. Parents can walk around the school, see classes, and meet teachers. There is no formal presentation as it is an opportunity to see the day-to-day learning at school.
EARLY YEARS OPEN MORNING: Monday 17th October
EARLY YEARS OPEN MORNING: Monday 21st November
Our other general Open Days are below:
OPEN DAY 2: Sunday 29th January 2023
OPEN DAY 3: Tuesday 23rd May 2023
Have an amazing weekend!
Key Dates – (Whole School Days in bold)
- Whole School Dates
- Awareness Days
- PTA Events
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact email@example.com, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
UPDATE – In light of the entry of the influenza season early this year, whose symptoms are similar to those of the Corona virus, The following must be recalled to contribute to the fluidity of education in schools and to preserve the health of students and the academic and administrative staff:
1- Remind parents of the need to keep the student at home if he has symptoms .
2- Follow the necessary precautionary and preventive measures to prevent its transmission among students. These are displayed around school.
3- Reminding parents and all teaching and administrative staff in schools of the availability of seasonal influenza vaccines for this season in all health centers.
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
6th October – Update from the Principal (Cystic Fibrosis)
29th September – Update from the Principal (Dyslexia Awareness Week)
22nd September – Update from the Principal (Nadeen School is an Outstanding School)
15th September – Update from the Principal (We pay our respect to Queen Elizabeth II)
8th September – Update from the Principal (eSafety and Inclusion Presentations)
1st September – Update from the Principal (First Week Back)
25th August – Update from the Principal (Orientation Day!)
18th August – Update from the Principal (Final Preparation for the Orientation Day)
11th August – Update from the Principal (Planning for INSET training)
4th August – Update from the Principal (Summer update)
As you might have seen, this summer it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education on Tuesday 2nd August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.
For students unable to attend or overseas, we will offer an extra provision to help support with Year 3 and above, including:
- Students will be included in Google classrooms to have the same access as those onsite.
- A link to a curriculum plan for all year groups.
- A weekly class email from the teacher.
- An appointment to discuss your child/their progress over email or an online meeting when required.
- Access to our book list covered in school.
- The resources from the online subscriptions used on site will be available.
- An opportunity for a teacher/student conference if needed, as directed by the class teacher.
We hope all students have the opportunity to be back on site. We look forward to the new academic year and following the Ministry guidance above for our students at school.