Update from the Principal
This week, we have enjoyed so many events, performances and experiences, it has been an absolute pleasure. We started with our choir performing at the Downtown Rotana last weekend and they performed beautifully at a very nice venue, an exciting festive feel and sang so well. Well done to everyone that performed and we were very proud. Thank you to the parents and staff that went along to support, it is another great annual event that we look forward to and most importantly, the students take great delight in performing in front of such an encouraging and supportive audience!
We also started our exit points this week, which are a wonderful way to celebrate what the students have been learning over this last half term. A huge thank you to our incredible teachers for the exit points, congratulations to the students and thank you to the parents that attended and encouraged the children.
We have added another teacher to our Arabic department and we wish Mr Ahmad, a warm Nadeen School welcome! In the past 12 months, we have added a teacher in EY/Key Stage 1, appointed our first Head of Arabic department and now have increased the team further. The aim of this extra staffing is to start the process to split the classes further and to help focus on beginner and advanced Arabic lessons. From August 2024, as we continue to grow as a school, we will move to smaller and split classes across the school. This will help with the support for students and also provide the opportunity for extra challenges. I am pleased with this latest development for our Arabic provision but this is a long term project to improve the levels of Arabic across the school and we will keep strengthening the team and the quality of Arabic lessons and learning.
We are delighted to announce we have our very first dedicated Art Room at Nadeen School! – An exciting development and this will be led by Miss Rien. With desks, resources and easels, we look forward to further opportunities for our students to be creative and explore their artistic skills!
Congratulations to our Under 11 Boys and Girls for their outstanding performances in the football tournaments this week! Our Girls won the gold and Boys claimed the bronze medals in a fantastic tournament. We are so very proud of our sports teams and another great achievement. They are a real credit to the school and raring to go for the next fixture and games!
Well done to our school choir for their performance at the British Embassy on Tuesday evening, they sang their hearts out and entertained all visitors to the event. Thank you to the parents that came along to the event and to Mr Tom and Miss Agnes for organising such a fantastic group of students together. They performed with so much energy, enthusiasm and happiness that it really set a ‘festive’ tone for the rest of the evening!
Sports Days this week have been excellent and thank you to our PE team and staff for planning, organising and delivering such enjoyable events. Well done to everyone that took part in the days, the teamwork to compete for the houses and also for the support you gave to everyone! – At Nadeen School, we love the sports days and this year were another group of superb occasions with special memories made that students will keep forever.
For information on how to sign up for Calo, please click here. We believe this is a great opportunity to have nutritious meals, encourage healthy eating and to have all of this delivered on site.
Tomorrow we have our Festive Fair, starting at 11.00am at school and we are very excited about his amazing annual event. If you are free to come along, it is packed with fun, games and stalls to enjoy.
- Art Room – new tables, chairs, equipment and easels installed to use. Art Clubs will use this room from Term 2.
- Design Technology Room – Workbenches have arrived and installed, machinery is being ordered (Sanding, drilling etc.). Order in to complete.
- Nadeen School Choir – performed at the Downtown Rotana Christmas Tree lighting and also the British Embassy this week.
- Extra Arabic Teacher – Mr Ahmad has joined the team, a warm welcome to Mr Ahmad. This is a part of the ongoing plan to increase the provision of Arabic. 1. to appoint the first head of department, 2. to appoint extra teacher in EY and Year 1/2, 3. To start the process as we grow to split classes giving support and challenge.
- Exit Points – students have been finishing units this week, exit points used to share what they have learned and present to others in the community.
- U11 Football – Nadeen School Girls won the gold this week and Boys claimed the bronze!
- Ecoventure – thank you to everyone who helped support the Ecoventures in 5+6 and 7,8 and 9.
- Year 9 Options (IGCSE) – subject lists confirmed today to choose from.
- Calo – trial set up to start from Sunday 10th December. Information emailed out and included in the UFTP today.
- Festive Fair – tomorrow from 11.00am
- 24N – thank you for the feedback, passed on to 24N for the swimming and football sessions outside of school.
- Assessments – all assessments completed before Tuesday 12th December. Progress tracked across English, Maths, Science and IPC through the classroom teacher. Specialist subjects assess at different times.
- ECA Term 2 – first round of information has been sent out to get preferences by Miss Habiba firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Reports – will be sent out to all parents during this next week.
- Sports Days – finish today! 4 days of house and individual sports.
- End of PE block – https://www.nadeenschool.com/pe-sport-information-monthly-update-october-2023/
- Next Block – Languages!
- COBIS Art Competition – https://www.nadeenschool.com/celebrating-imagination-and-creativity-cobis-international-art-competition-2023/
- Gulf Musician Idol Competition – https://www.nadeenschool.com/gulf-musician-idol-competition/
- Events (Thank you) – Parents Sports Festival , Open Day, IGCSE Subjects Information Session , Little Wandle Session, Remembrance Day , BSME U13 Netball – Abu Dhabi, Nursery Rhyme Week , World Kindness Day , World Diabetes Day, Year 5-6 Ecoventure (overseas) , Year 7-9 Ecoventure (overseas), Early Years Open Morning , Volleyball (Boys & Girls), U11 Football (Boys & Girls), Book Fair, Bahraini Women’s Day , School Choir and EY Festive Concert.
Coffee with the Principal Questions
1. Can the teachers have more chairs to use for lunch and break times for the students to sit on?
Yes, we have purchased extra chairs and these can be used anytime. They are stored in various store rooms around the school and easily accessible.
2. Can the photographer share the photos or a sample of the photos before parents decide to purchase them?
Yes, our Photographer will share out general samples of how they will look.
3. How do we make the Calo payment and what happens if they do not respond?
Please contact Calo directly on +973 3363 3101 or contact them through the Calo app.
4. Can the photos of events be shared by the school to the parents?
Yes, we did this for Ecoventure, BSME and are looking at setting up folders for future events.
5. Please can you clarify the T&Cs ‘best interests for the school’ and the online safety policy (meeting people online and outside of school)?
As part of the terms and conditions, the Principal will make the final decision if a student is enrolled as this will involve the collection of a range of information, discussions and data. It may also refer to the other sections of the admissions form or T&Cs.
The policy is updated, students will discuss with parents before they meet anyone online. This is in our policies page: https://www.nadeenschool.com/policies/
6. Can the Key Stage 3 students have textbooks each for History and Geography?
Yes, these have been ordered today for all students. Miss Stephanie will update the class teachers and students will have one textbook each.
7. Can we offer more opportunities for students to get involved in sports for free?
Yes, we have a Football Festival this year and a Netfest for Netball. Along with these two free events we have many other ‘active’ events to encourage a healthy lifestyle and fitness. These events include cycling events, running club and others. We encourage everyone to attend if they are available so we can offer more opportunities for everyone.
8. Can parents get involved in clubs?
Yes, parents get involved and run clubs, thank you to the parents who have run ECAs in the past. Anyone who would like to run a club can get involved and offer this. We need a background/police check from the parent and a proposal of the club sent to email@example.com
9. When will the school have animals?
From Term 2 onwards. We will set up the farm and then arrange for new animals to arrive at school as many of the other animals were very old and live in another area. We have already received proposals for a class pet from students and look forward to having animals on site soon.
10. Can we offer more Arabic clubs or booster sessions?
Yes, the Arabic team will put together a schedule of when they can offer extra clubs or booster sessions for students to opt into. Some of these may be from 7.30am.
Have a great weekend!
Dr Paul Walton
The below image is from the Coffee with the Principal
● Whole School Dates (bold)
● Awareness Days (Italics)
● Parent Presentations/Open Days (highlighted blue)
● Nadeen Community Association Events (highlighted green)
● Weekend Events (highlighted yellow)
● Half-Terms/End of Term
All urgent updates continue to be sent via email or SMS for emergencies (School Closure).
Please monitor your emails for future updates as this continues to be the best way to send out clear and consistent communication to all parents. Check that you are receiving emails, have enough space in your email folder, that they do not go to your ‘junk’ folder and if you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, see reception or phone on +97317728886 to personally check your contact email and phone number on record.
If you change any contact details, please inform the school immediately.
Health and Safety
All urgent Health and Safety announcements will be sent directly to parents via email.
We will continue to work together to follow all health and precautionary measures to prevent the spread of diseases as recommended by the Ministry of Health specialists. Together with your constant cooperation and taking responsibility by keeping your children at home when feeling ill, will also have a significant impact in limiting the spread of diseases. Thank you to all members of the community in advance for this.
Please keep your child at home if he/she is ill, has flu or cold symptoms
Please find all of the previous updates below.
All updates are sent out at the end of the week and published in the ‘Latest News’ section of the website.
Last year it was announced that it is no longer mandatory for schools to provide Virtual Learning for students, shared by the Ministry of Education in August 2022.
The Ministry of Education has announced that the syllabus system for the coming academic year 2022/23 in all kindergartens, schools, universities, government and private educational institutions at all stages will be mandatory attendance for all students. The ministry clarified that there would be no choice for parents to attend their children to receive in-person or remotely learning, assuring its keenness to provide for all the requirements for a successful back to school.
At Nadeen School, following the announcement from the Ministry above, our provision for learning will be on site.