Update from the Principal.
It has been a wonderful first week in our new campus!
A mixture of progress in many areas and hard work ahead in some areas.
In the first 5 days of the term we have achieved a lot and it is a great feeling to slowly make steps forward to settle into our new campus. It feels like everyone is helping out and working together to do our best for the students, a huge thank you to the community. As with any move, this will take time and patience. We have accomplished the first main set of Health and Safety, Logistical as well as the most important, the student milestones of a new campus:
- The drop off in the morning is running very smoothly, many now use the drop off so we can open the car doors, students ready to get out and be welcomed in the school. It feels fast, safe and enjoyable!
- Crosswalks – parents are encouraging children to walk across roads safely, this is very important and today we saw a very organised and safe start. Thank you.
- Early Years Entrance/Exit – we have already had good routines to enable Nursery and Reception children enter the EY area through their own entrance and leave safely this way. Parents are now using this and it keeps our youngest students safe.
- Events for parents – We have had excellent attendance at the 3 main events this week. Parents have had information at Meet the Teacher presentations, ECA/Sport and International Trips and the Inclusion Department Presentation (All presentations are linked below in this update).
- Communication – All parents have received the first set of parent emails on a Thursday from your teachers! Each Thursday you receive an email from your teacher and an Update from the Principal from me.
- Assemblies – Both Primary Assemblies and Secondary Assemblies have been completed this week in our brand new Performance Theatre. This is such an improvement from the previous school and an area the students will thoroughly enjoy using in the future with student-led events, productions and performances.
- Playground – our students have been actively exploring the new playground and we’ve seen great enjoyment, collaboration and happiness as our students mix and mingle across various age groups. Having this space in the centre of the school is a very welcome addition.
- Sports Hall – our students have started to use the sports hall and we are delighted with the reactions so far, so many exciting times to come! I have also included information on the taster days below for the Sports ECAs.
Lots of events this week and it has been fantastic to welcome all families into the school and together start to enjoy the new campus. We have so many opportunities coming up and it has been an absolute pleasure to see everyone. If you were unable to attend any of the presentations this week, please find them below for your reference:
To see a PDF of the Meet the Teacher Presentation, please click here
To see a PDF of the ECAs/Sports and International Trips Presentation, please click here
To see a PDF of the Inclusion Presentation, please click here
The upcoming events and presentations next week are included in the list below.
Wednesday 6 September 2023 from 1pm to 2pm: E-Safety Presentation: Click here to RSVP
Thursday 7 September 2023 from 8am to 9am: Coffee with the Principal: Click here to RSVP
As a community centred school, in collaboration with The Mall of Dilmunia, and to complement the wonderful opportunities already on offer to our students at the mall (the aquarium, ice skiing, football, climbing wall, etc.), we would like to ask for your support and input. As members of the Nadeen School community, please could you complete this survey to let us know the services, facilities, vendors, shops, food and beverage outlets, etc. you would like to see at the Mall of Dilmunia. This will then be shared with the Mall of Dilmunia team for their consideration.
Sport Academies please sign up by clicking on this link for the taster days below. We anticipate a busy week ahead with a packed schedule for the Sports Academies. We are very proud of this excellent provision from external companies who can supplement our sports clubs with specialised coaches and sessions:
24N Football (Monday 4th September)
2:30 – 3:10 (Year 1&2)
3:10 – 3:50 (Year 3&4)
3:50 – 4:30 (Year 5&6)
4:30 – 5:10 (Year 7+)
Victoria Dance (Tuesday 5th September)
2.00pm to 2.15pm Baby Ballet. (Age 3-4)
2.15pm to 2.30pm Baby Tap. (Age 3-4)
2.30pm to 2.45pm Mini Popstars.(Age 3-4)
2.45pm to 3.00pm Junior Ballet. (Age 5-9)
3.00pm to 3.15pm Junior Street Dance. (Age 5-9)
3.15pm to 3.30pm Dance Fusion. (Age 10+)
3.30pm to 3.45pm Senior Ballet. (Age 10+)
Aces Taekwondo (Wednesday 6th september)
2:00 – 2:30 (Reception – Year 3)
2:30 – 3:00 (Year 4 – Year 6)
3:00 – 3:30 (Year 7+)
Aspire Gymnastics (Thursday 7th September)
2:45 – 3:15 (ABC’s 3-4yrs)
3:15 – 3:45 (ABC’s 4-5yrs)
3:45 – 4:15 (Recreational 5-7yrs)
4:15 – 4:45 (Recreational 8+yrs)
A reminder that Parents of Year 7, 8 and 9 students can email the tutor to confirm that they can leave the school at the end of the day without having parents picking them up from the classroom. Please can you assist with this by confirming as soon as possible. All secondary students now should be comfortable and familiar with the building and where to get picked up from. Next week, we are happy to let them leave the site with your permission as this will be more convenient for you and your child.
Year 1 and 2: Collect from classroom
Year 3 and 4: Collect from Sports Hall
Year 5 and 6: Collect from music rooms across from the sports hall.
Bus children: Will be escorted down by teachers to the bus area.
Secondary Siblings: Up in S041 from 2:30pm and then secondary siblings will collect and walk down to meet parents.
Matt from Kapes arrived at Nadeen School today and we have raised all issues and feedback directly to him. He will communicate to all families. It was a very positive meeting and he is passionate about ensuring all students have their uniform from Kapes as soon as possible.
We have mentioned the deliveries, delivery fee, logo on adult polo t-shirts (Higher), sizes, timing of the deliveries, etc.
As a school, we’ve supported students wearing non uniform during this time until all deliveries have been made.
ECAs will start on Sunday 10th September, to see the range of activities on offer, please click here. The form to sign up will be live in the coming days and will be emailed out to all parents at the same time. If you have any questions about the signing up for ECAs, please email: H.Chilwan@nadeenschool.com
We are extremely excited to have an Arabic Culture lesson, once a week, for all of our students from Nursery through to Year 9. This lesson takes place when our Arab national students attend their Arabic classes. During Arabic Culture, students will have the opportunity to experience some beginner-level Arabic language. We will be covering greetings, numbers, colours, foods, introducing the letters of the alphabet, etc.
If your child has a Bahraini or an Arab passport, they will enrol in regular Arabic language classes. The remaining curriculum is the curriculum of the MOE (studying the Arabic language in all its details).
Additionally, we have Arabic ECAs available for all students after school to enrich their experience with Arabic.
At Nadeen School we are currently monitoring our Arabic provision, this is something that we have improved steadily over the past 12 months. We have hired our first ever Head of Arabic (Miss Kawther) and also hired another teacher and assistant teacher to increase the capacity of the department.
- Arabic lessons are provided for Arabic students
- Non Arabic students have beginner/foundation exposure to Arabic through the Arabic Culture lessons as mentioned above.
- All students can attend Arabic Extracurricular Activities to further boost their Arabic language skills.
- Non Arabic students who have followed an Arabic curriculum previously, use this language outside of school and from families who want their children to have additional lessons should contact the school via the Head of Arabic Miss Kawther and Miss Kate as above.
The confirmed routes are as follows:
Route 1: Juffair, Hidd.
Route 2: Umm Al Hassam, Adliya and Mahooz.
Route 3: Sanabis, Karbabad, Seef and Reef.
Route 4: Busaiteen, Amwaj.
To be confirmed next week: Saar and Budaiya routes (Now have enough students and the bus company will email parents in the coming days).
Insufficient registrations at the moment (Not meeting the minimum needed to run the bus):
- Janabiyah, Al Maqsha, Ishbiliya, Buquwah, Jid Al Haj, Barbar, Bani Jamrah, Sitra, Riffa, Tubli, Sanad, Hamad Town, Salmaniya, Zinj.
For the above routes, we have contacted parents in the area to sign up to reach the minimum number needed for each route. If this number is not met, we have then contacted parents to organise a private bus where possible.
- Please click here to register for the bus service.
For any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Almoayyed Transport on the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call them on +973 33652262
- If you have any questions about the private buses please email: H.Chilwan@nadeenschool.com
Have a great weekend!
Dr Paul Walton
● Whole School Dates (bold)
● Awareness Days (Italics)
● Parent Presentations/Open Days (highlighted blue)
● Nadeen Community Association Events (highlighted green)
● Weekend Events (highlighted yellow)
● Half-Terms/End of Term