PE & Sport: Information & Monthly Update – by Mr Kyle and Mr Matt
Welcome to the first PE & Sport Monthly update! We have really enjoyed having the children coming in this week enjoying our amazing new facilities.
Firstly, we are delighted to announce our PE department for the upcoming year.
- Mr Kyle – Director of Sport
- Mr Matt – Head of PE
- Miss Jade – PE Teacher
In preparation for the academic year, we have been organising our existing equipment, unpacking our new equipment as well as acquainting ourselves with our fantastic new sports facilities. The quality and quantity of equipment is fantastic and we are so excited for our children to start making use of it all. The curriculum map for all year groups (Nursery to Year 9) has been finalised too.
We are delighted with the new PE kit which is available to buy from the Kapes website, as is the Nadeen School swimsuits. With this in mind, please be aware of the following expectations regarding PE uniform;
- All children must wear Nadeen School branded PE kit for their PE lessons, accompanied by plain white trainers with white soles.
- When swimming, all children must wear a swimming cap and have swimming goggles.
- If you would like your child to remain fully covered when swimming, then please visit a local sports retailer (eg. Decathlon, Sun & Sand Sports)
Please click here to view Mr Kyle and Mr Matt’s presentation containing important information relating to Sports ECAs and International Trips.
*Further information regarding international and sports trips will be shared shortly.
Extra Curricular Sports & External Providers
We are looking forward to hosting a number of Extra-curricular activities this term, to give the children a number of opportunities to get full use of our fantastic facilities. We have over 28 sports ECAs for children to sign-up for and to take full advantage of the new spaces we have to offer.
We are also pleased to announce a number of sports academy partnerships that will run sessions for us after school. These will be paid clubs, where children will have the opportunity to learn new skills under the tutelage of expert coaches and instructors in their field.
Each of these academies have scheduled a free taster day for children to try out each prospective sport beforehand. Please see the schedule for these taster sessions below and please click here to register for these taster days:
24N Football (Monday 4th September – In the Sports Hall)
- 2:30pm – 3:10pm (Year 1&2)
- 3:10pm – 3:50pm (Year 3&4)
- 3:50pm – 4:30pm (Year 5&6)
- 4:30pm – 5:10pm (Year 7+)
Victoria Dance (Tuesday 5th September – In the Performance theatre)
- 2.00pm to 2.15pm Baby Ballet. (Age 3-4)
- 2.15pm to 2.30pm Baby Tap. (Age 3-4)
- 2.30pm to 2.45pm Mini Popstars.(Age 3-4)
- 2.45pm to 3.00pm Junior Ballet. (Age 5-9)
- 3.00pm to 3.15pm Junior Street Dance. (Age 5-9)
- 3.15pm to 3.30pm Dance Fusion. (Age 10+)
- 3.30pm to 3.45pm Senior Ballet. (Age 10+)
Aces Taekwondo (Wednesday 6th september – In the performance theatre)
- 2:00pm – 2:30pm (Reception – Year 3)
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm (Year 4 – Year 6)
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm (Year 7+)
Aspire Gymnastics (Thursday 7th September – In the sports hall))
- 2:45pm – 3:15pm (ABC’s 3-4yrs)
- 3:15pm – 3:45pm (ABC’s 4-5yrs)
- 3:45pm – 4:15pm (Recreational 5-7yrs)
- 4:15pm – 4:45pm (Recreational 8+yrs)
If you would like to sign up for these clubs already, please see the relevant information below:
24N Football click here
Victoria Dance click here
Aspire Gymnastics click here
Aces Taekwondo click here Please contact Ali Al Aradi directly to register: +973 39658741
Royal Lifesaving Bahrain information will be communicated shortly
We are so excited about the new opportunities offered to our students and for the students to experience our fantastic facilities.